CyberPowerPC - Melted batteries in cp900avr power supply

I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning.I disconnected it and used a regular power strip for a while.

When I got around to opening the unit to replace the batteries I found them to be melted and nearly ruptured. It's a complete miracle there was no fire! I have filed a safety report with the consumers safety commission. Apparently this is not an isolated incident as a simple Google search brings up other reports of these units completely melting down and releasing acid and leaving a puddle of molten plastic.

These should be recalled before someone's house burns down.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Near house fire

Reason of review:
Unsafe product. Fire hazard!
Preferred solution:
Warn others of this safety concern. Recall
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cyberpower Cp900Avr
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #591507

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with CyberPowerPC? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 21 #1148038

At least you got a fault warning. I have a 1350AVR. My wife was at the desk, when she thought the desk light was smoking. I went to unplug the light, only to find my CP1350 smoking. I powered down all items and unplugged the device.
Doing a search has left me a bit concerned (other issues out there). Had we not been home, we may not have had a home to return to if the device had caught fire.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to CyberPowerPC. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about CyberPowerPC.
Filing a new complaint about