I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning.I disconnected it and used a regular power strip for a while.
When I got around to opening the unit to replace the batteries I found them to be melted and nearly ruptured. It's a complete miracle there was no fire! I have filed a safety report with the consumers safety commission. Apparently this is not an isolated incident as a simple Google search brings up other reports of these units completely melting down and releasing acid and leaving a puddle of molten plastic.
These should be recalled before someone's house burns down.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Near house fire
- Reason of review:
- Unsafe product. Fire hazard!
- Preferred solution:
- Warn others of this safety concern. Recall
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cyberpower Cp900Avr
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought an external Toshiba 3TB hard drive at Walmart. It was packaged as new, with the cable, power supply, etc. When I plugged it into my computer,..."
- "Hey!sir I wana have my reserved funds in my Liveperson account balance as i couldn't get the service as per agreement before hiring experts for the same task, I hired..."
- "This is to seek your assistance Regarding my purchase of dash cam which I bought last January 21,2015 delivered in my house,but was not working.they told me to video the..."
- "I bought this luggage & I just used it for the first time. The handle on the tote split already, there goes the set!..."
- "Did not receive a T-shirt ordered on Sept 5th. It was a Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt. The awareness month is half over. Would like a refund. ..."
- "I fell for this scam, first in tiny writing they have install pricing, not in their agreement that you check and agree, again at the end if the purchase no..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."