I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning.I disconnected it and used a regular power strip for a while.

When I got around to opening the unit to replace the batteries I found them to be melted and nearly ruptured. It's a complete miracle there was no fire! I have filed a safety report with the consumers safety commission. Apparently this is not an isolated incident as a simple Google search brings up other reports of these units completely melting down and releasing acid and leaving a puddle of molten plastic.

These should be recalled before someone's house burns down.

This reviewer shared experience about "unsafe product. fire hazard! " and wants this business to "warn others of this safety concern. recall" as the author lost $100. This person is overall dissatisfied with CyberPowerPC and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about cyberpower cp900avr at CyberPowerPC was near house fire Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about CyberPowerPC.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare CyberPowerPC to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with CyberPowerPC?

Comments

At least you got a fault warning.I have a 1350AVR.

My wife was at the desk, when she thought the desk light was smoking. I went to unplug the light, only to find my CP1350 smoking. I powered down all items and unplugged the device.

Doing a search has left me a bit concerned (other issues out there).Had we not been home, we may not have had a home to return to if the device had caught fire.